This Week's Theme:



This Week's Theme: Inhumans

by Jorge Corona

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chumped

Doug TenNapel's Ratfist. A friend told me about Doug's web comic, and I knew I wanted Ratfist to be my "free draw" subject almost as soon as I saw the site. I read the whole thing straight through right then and there, and immediately got to drawing as soon as I was through. It's a great story (I wouldn't expect anything less from TenNapel), and there are plenty of wild card characters.

It occurred to me after I was finished that I should've included Milt the rat, but I really wanted to hurry up and post something because it's been almost two weeks since I've had anything up here. Hope you guys enjoy. And check out the process on my blog.


3 comments:

  1. Dave, can you post a quick tutorial or shoot me an email to show us how you throw that wicked cool splash of color behind the character. Im sure its just another layer behind your foreground character, but how do you cut out the top layer so cleanly? Im sure it's a novice photoshop question, but I gotta learn somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. We should rename the blog "Dave Makes Us Look Bad Blog."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert - You're the second person to ask about that, actually. I'll post a tutorial on my blog in just a bit. I did included a little process, but it's pretty bare bones, so I'll add this. Thanks for asking. You'll find it's not very complicated.

    Phil - You crazy.

    ReplyDelete