This Week's Theme:



This Week's Theme: Inhumans

by Jorge Corona

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One scary Broad

When I was about 9 or 10 I came inside one Saturday from working with my dad and I turned on the Sci-Fi channel. Back in those days they had what was called "Saturday Anime." I had just discovered it two weeks before and me and my friend Stephen were really interested in this new thing. The movie that was playing was Akira, and my life has never been the same.
But, as much as I liked the movie, I fell in love with the 6 phone-book sized graphic novels that Dark Horse re-released about ten years ago. My favorite installment was Vol. 4 which focused mainly on the world of Tokyo after Akira destroyed it a second time. It's post apocalyptic, and Kaneda isn't even in it (not a single motorcycle!) However, Kei and her hardcore, gun slinging, warrior aunt Chiyoko made up for it. This is Chiyoko as she's trying to save one of the frail telepathic children, Kiyoko, from Tetsuo and Akira's "Great Tokyo Empire."
Sorry, that was long. Here's another sketch I did of Tetsuo doing his tantrum. Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. So very, very awesome. Ha! I LOVE it. Love the blood too.

    ReplyDelete