This Week's Theme:



This Week's Theme: Inhumans

by Jorge Corona

Monday, July 18, 2011

Leakin' some Heavy Liquid

I remember back in my touring musician days, going into a little comic store in a town where we were playing and finding these crazy books in the quarter bin. It was Paul Pope's "Heavy Liquid". The series totally blew my mind. It was a mix of hip culture, sci-fi, graphis design, and rock style, and it was colored in just two colors,...cool. It also opened the possibility of doing comics in a different way, and having the audience come to me. Plus it just looked so cool. Thanks Paul Pope, you rock. Dove.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it, but you did it again. GREAT piece. Love the comp, colors, and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, I'm actually really thankful you asked me to start posting here. I've been able to use these as an excuse to brush up on my inking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rereading batman year 100 and yep Pope is pretty amazing, this looks pretty sharp as well, love the inking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Drew, I've been wearing out my french curves while inking recently. If you haven't read 100 percent, you should definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey cool you finished it you're so cool

    ReplyDelete