This Week's Theme:



This Week's Theme: Inhumans

by Jorge Corona

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Ghost Who Walks

Had to do the Phantom. Loved him since "Defenders of the Universe." Why is it that all the pulp greats had such awesomely bad 90s movies? Dick Tracy, The Shadow, The Phantom, The Rocketeer - I LOVED all these movies, though I can't say they were actually any good.
Did this one with ink and black watercolor (instead of inkwash). Still trying to get the hang of that, but it was fun.

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Phil! I have always loved this guy. Also still loving this new technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dove! I've got to get you to show me how to use watercolor. I have no idea what I'm doing with that.

      Delete
  2. This is a really cool technique. I would like it better of the darks around the Phantom weren't so dark, so that he is the highest point of contrast--but still really col with how crisp he is. I think the 90's failed by taking these stories too seriously, or not serious enough. How cool would these be animated?

    ReplyDelete