This Week's Theme:



This Week's Theme: Inhumans

by Jorge Corona

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Please, Call Me... Larry

And last but not least: The Architect!
Now, of all the cool characters from the Matrix universe, why pick The Architect? Many people say that he is where the entire film franchise ran off the rails. I disagree completely. Until The Architect, Reloaded was okay - cool visuals, great fighting, and a little hollow. I wasn't quite sure where it was going. Then we walk unto a room filled with computer screens and get our minds blown.

Everything we thought we knew about The Matrix was blown up in a garble of crazy existential lingo. It was awesome. In a short, confusing monologue, we learn that everything is just a cog in the machine and if anyone manages to step out of line, the entire human race will be wiped out. The idea of destiny turns into slavery - you're trapped in the role you have to perform. And if you step outside destiny, everyone dies. You're no longer free to choose your path.

Plus, this parody spoof is my favorite thing ever. Skip forward to 5:50 to see the best part. And the other main reason I love The Architect.

2 comments:

  1. phil phil phil, you definitely saved the best for last, me personally this character never bothered me and actually struck me as a logical place for them to take the story. I will say though of the entire set this is far and away my favorite one nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks dude! Lotta work, but fun to do. Each time I push myself for here, I want to keep topping it. If only I had all the time in the world.

    ReplyDelete